ASHLAND LAKE GUN CLUB
1. Treat all firearms as though they are loaded.
2. Loaded firearms must always be pointed in a safe direction: down range or at the ground.
3. You are responsible for the condition of your firearm.
4. All uncased or unholstered firearms must be unloaded (magazines OUT, actions OPEN) when not in actual use.
5. All uncased or unholstered firearms must be unloaded (magazines OUT, actions OPEN) whenever people are down range of the firing point.
6. When there are multiple shooters on a range, no one may advance forward of the firing line without mutual agreement among all shooters. This includes brass gathering as well as target scoring and posting.
7. Only paper and cardboard targets may be used on ranges that do not have covered impact areas. Targets that offer resistance to the bullet (bowling pins, plastic jugs, metallic targets of kind, etc.) can be used only under covered impact areas (currently limited to the bowling pin tables). No metallic or glass items or liquid or sand filled plastic items shall be used on any range. On any range without a covered impact area, all targets must be paper or cardboard and must be attached to one of the existing target frames WITH NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. (In order to maintain the highest degree of safety), all bullets fired must pass through the tar paper or cardboard of target frame, targets must be placed in target frames, so as not to hit the wooden support posts, or cross members, etc.
9. Do not place targets of any kind on top of the target frames.
10. Do not leave targets of any kind on the range. Collect all targets and clean up all trash in the area before leaving the range, taking large amounts to the dumpster or home.
11. Only pistol caliber shooting is allowed on any range less than 100 yards. Rifle calibers in a handgun are not allowed on ranges less than 100 yards. .50 BMG, similar or larger caliber and/or binary and exploding targets are NOT allowed on any range at any time.
12. NO OPEN ALCOHOL ON RANGE SIDE OF CLUB. CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IS PROHIBITED ON ALL CLUB RANGES, NO EXCEPTIONS. PERIOD.
13. Handling of firearms while under the influence to any degree is a violation of club rules and is a criminal offense under the Ohio Revised Code.
14. Club members are responsible to see that their guests understand and follow the range and club rules.
15. CLUB MEMBERS MUST SUPERVISE ON THE RANGE AT ALL TIMES WHEN A GUEST OR FAMILY MEMBER IS SHOOTING.
16. No fully automatic weapons are allowed; except that NFA registered firearms, (fully automatic), are permissible for use at scheduled sub gun matches and clinics. This also prohibits bump fire techniques or devices. The Board of Trustees may approve exceptions to this rule.
17. No hunting is allowed on club property.
18. Shooting hours are from 9 AM to 1/2 hour before sunset, Monday through Saturday, Noon to 1/2 hour before sunset on Sunday. In case of doubt, the published sunset time (any newspaper) will be used. No shooting Noon to 3 PM on Good Friday, no shooting on Easter Sunday.
19. You are responsible for your actions when on club property. Violation of Club Rules may be cause for sanctions and/or expulsion from the Club. In addition, criminal charges may be pursued if applicable.
20. All members are responsible for ensuring that range rules are being followed. If someone is acting unsafely, point it out to them. Avoid confrontations. Report findings to a Trustee. If you see violations of the law, vandalism, etc., contact the Sheriff 419-289-3111.
21. All persons are required to use eye and ear protection on active ranges.
ALWAYS LOCK . Only Directors have authority to leave it open. ALWAYS LOCK IT. 10/20/2016