THE THIRD ANNUAL THREE GUN TACTICAL CHALLENGE
Saturday, October 15th, 9:00 a.m
will include:The French Quarter Gauntlet (Rifle Only):
Get Your Own Bag! (Rifle / Handgun):
- All shooting at ranges less than 50 yards, with a lot of
shooting on the move.
- Minimum 40 rounds. Maximum??? (as many as you want)
- At least one reload on the clock
- No sling is required for this stage
T.E.O.T.W.A.W.K.I. ? N.O.L.A. L.E.O. (Shotgun Only):
- All rifle shooting at 50 yards or less, handgun shooting
at 20 yards or less
- Minimum 20 rounds rifle, minimum 12 rounds handgun
- A rifle sling is required which allows you safely and
securely sling your rifle ACROSS YOUR BACK, freeing both hands.
Night of the Living Dead / Junkies Attempt to
Loot Charity Hospital (Shotgun / Handgun):
- All buckshot shooting under 15 yards, all slug shooting
at 25 yards or less
- Minimum of 12 rounds of buckshot, 7 slugs
- A sling is required which allows you to safely secure
your shotgun while using BOTH hands "Tactical" slings, which leave the gun hanging in front of the shooter are NOT RECOMMENDED
- All shooting at 15 yards or less
- A minimum of 12 rounds of buckshot, 12 rounds of handgun
- A sling is not required for this stage
If you are not familiar with our program, please review the program rules.
Ammo and firearm requirements:
LUNCH WILL NOT BE PROVIDED, AND THERE WILL BE NO BREAKS. BRING YOUR OWN FOOD AND DRINKS IF YOU CARE TO EAT THEM ON THE RANGE! The Pavilion will be open after the match if you would like to eat a late lunch after things are cleaned up. Alcohol is only allowed on the Pavilion side of the club, and only after shooting!
- Rifles, Shotguns and ammunition must fall within ALGC's
Tactical Rifle and Shotgun program rules. Bolt Action rifles
will NOT work for this match. Very heavy SPR-type semi-auto's
will be at a distinct disadvantage.
- If you've never done a transition from rifle / shotgun to
handgun, you may want to practice this before the match!
- Handguns and equipment (holsters, etc.) should be
IDPA-legal. However, "tactical" or "service-type" holsters and
magazine holders WILL be allowed, but all retention devices
must be used. For example, tactical drop-leg holsters are
allowed. This will NOT be a concealment match.
- Hearing and eye protection are MANDATORY at all times
while on the shooting ranges.
- We run a Cold Range. All handguns must be transported
unloaded and in a holster, or in a closed case. All long-guns
must be transported either in a closed case, or slung (muzzle
up or down) with an Open Bolt Indicator in place.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, AND YOU WILL BE SQUADDED!!!! If you would like to be squadded with other shooters, please send your forms and money in together, but there are no guarantees. Send in one form per shooter!!! Registration will be cut-off at 32 shooters.
- Registration will begin at 9:00 am, on the pistol ranges,
at the big shelter
- There will be a shooter's meeting at 9:30 am on the
pistol ranges, at the big shelter
- Shooting will start at 10:00 am. If you do not shoot with
your assigned squad, you will not be allowed to go back to
stages you have missed.
If you have any questions e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for
the Registration Form