Annual Three Gun Tactical Challenge
Saturday, September 18th, 2004, 10:00 am
If you are not familiar with our program, please review the program rules.
- One Tactical Rifle only stage: This will all be at 150
yards or less.
- One Tactical Rifle / Handgun stage: This will include
transition from rifle to handgun. All shooting will be at 50
yards or less.
- One Tactical Shotgun only Stage: This will include both
buckshot and slugs
- One Tactical Shotgun / Handgun stage: This will include a
transition from shotgun to handgun.
- One Handgun only stage: This will be an “IDPA-style”
- Hotdog, hamburger and BYOB picnic when all of the
shooting is done.
Ammo and firearm requirements:
Lunch will be provided by the fine chefs of Combat Cuisine. It will consist of hamburgers, hotdogs and side dishes. Although water will be provided on the range, lunch is BYOB. You may bring and drink beer, but only AFTER you are done shooting and only in the pavilion area. You may not re-enter the range area after taking your first sip of alcohol. Pre-registration is required if you want lunch!!!!! We will accept walk-ins for this match, but there may not be food available for you.
- At least 100 rounds of rifle ammunition and 5 magazines.
- At least 25 rounds of buckshot and 10 slugs
- At least 100 rounds of handgun ammunition
- Rifles and Shotguns must fall within ALGC’s Tactical
Rifle and Shotgun program rules. The rifle stages heavily favor
semi-autos, but bolt-action rifles may be used if they can be
reloaded with detachable magazines and/or stripper clips.
- Shotguns and rifles must have slings. In two different
stages, after shooting rifle or shotgun, shooters will have to
use both hands to do things like drag a dummy, shoot a handgun,
etc. If you’ve never done a transition from rifle / shotgun to
handgun, you may want to practice this before the match.
- Handguns and equipment (holsters, etc.) should be
IDPA-legal. However, “tactical” or “service-type” holsters and
magazine holders WILL be allowed, but all retention devices
must be used. For example, tactical drop-leg holsters are
allowed. This will NOT be a concealment match.
- Hearing and eye protection are MANDATORY at all times
while on the shooting ranges.
If you have any questions, or to request a mail-in coupon for pre-registrations, contact the program director at: firstname.lastname@example.org