The First Annual ALGC Three Gun Tactical
rounded off the inaugural year of ALGC's new Tactical Rifle and Shotgun Program.
Ammo requirements were:
- Two Tactical Rifle Stages: High round count,
relatively short range (under 100 yards). One stage will
include transition to handgun. If you have seen the movie or
read the book, you'll be just as excited as we are about the
"Black Hawk Down" and "Mogadishu Mile" stages.
- Two Tactical Shotgun Stages: One stage will
include both, buckshot on Pepper Poppers and precision slug
fire on IDPA targets. The second stage will include a
transition from shotgun to handgun. Shotguns must be equipped
- One Pistol Stage: This will be run according to IDPA
rules and will include at least two strings of fire.
- Hotdog, hamburger and BYOB picnic when all of the shooting
Lunch was provided by the fine chefs of Combat Cuisine. It
consisted of hamburgers, hotdogs and side dishes.
- At least 100 rounds of rifle ammunition and 5 magazines.
- At least 25 rounds of buckshot and 10 slugs
- At least 75 rounds of pistol ammunition.
- Rifles and Shotguns must fall within ALGC's Tactical Rifle
and Shotgun program rules. The rifle match heavily favors
semi-autos, but bolt-action rifles may be used if they can be
reloaded with detachable magazines and/or stripper clips.
- There are transitions to handgun in some of the rifle and
shotgun stages. Because of this, rifles and shotguns must be
equipped with slings that allow the shooter to safely stow
their rifle or shotgun while transitioning to and shooting a
- Handguns and equipment (holsters, etc.) should be
- Hearing and eye protection are MANDATORY at all times while
on the shooting ranges.
the shooting match is not mandatory, but will save you a couple bucks! If you
pre-register, the cost for all three matches (rifle, shotgun, pistol) is $20.
Individual stages are $7 each, if you don't want to shoot all three. Each stage
will cost you $8 if you pay on match day. Affiliate Membership fee (for
non-members) is $4.
If you are not familiar with our program, please
review the program