2012 Francis Marion Memorial
Swamp Fox Assault XXXII
See Report and Scores
See Video and Images
It is with great pride and enthusiasm that we will be
running the 32nd Anniversary Match this summer.
Course Description and Equipment Requirements:
- The match will be held Saturday, July 21st
- This year’s “dry-land stage” can be shot as a
“stand-alone” side match. Be prepared to carry and shoot a
minimum of 25 shot loads, and 10 slugs, just for that stage.
This is a chance for some of our more “distinguished alumni”
to take part in the fun.
- Shooters for the “full-match” will be squadded. We
will do our best to accommodate squadding requests (see
registration form). Check-in / Registration / Squadding
starts at 10:00 am, ends at 11:00 am. Shooters meeting at
11:15. Shooting starts at 11:30. Registration may be limited
to the first 30 shooters.
- There will be no lunch provided as part of the
match. Bring food and beverages to be consumed on the
course, if you like.
- The 32nd Anniversary
Dinner will be held AFTER the
match this year, Saturday evening around 6-ish (after
clean-up). Details to follow in a separate notice.
- Full Match: $25 (+ $5 for non-members)
- Dry-land stage only, side match: $12 (+ $3 for
- $10 Clean-up deposit (re-funded if you stay to help
clean up, applies only to “full match” shooters)
- Match T-shirt: $13
Feel free to contact me with questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All standard ALGC T R & S rules apply
- There will be three shotgun divisions this year:
- Stock (AKA: Stock Riot Gun):
- Tactical Enhanced Shotgun
- Heavy Gun (AKA: Swamp Fox Shotgun)
- There will be a minimum of 75 steel targets and 15
slug targets. Be prepared to shoot slugs out to 75 yards.
Bring extra ammo.
- Minimum power factor for “Heavy Gun” is
640,000 (for example, “standard” 9 pellet buckshot is
643,000 power factor, most 1 ¼ ounce, 3 ¼ dram loads
exceed this. Standard slugs only).
- Minimum power factor for Stock or Tactical
classes is 545,000 (for example, “tactical” 9 pellet
buckshot is 546,000 power factor, most 1 ounce “game
loads” exceed this. “Tactical” or “low-recoil” slugs
- No steel shot or 7 ½, 8s or 9s allowed. BE
ADVISED: Lighter loads don’t take the poppers down as
well as heavy loads and require more precise shooting,
and often tighter chokes. If your ammo of choice fails to
take down the targets, no whining is allowed!
- Standard ammo carrier rules apply. Be prepared to
have to load your gun quickly from NON-standard ammo
carriers, which will be supplied to you. Be prepared to carry
as much as 35 rounds of ammo on your person, at one time.
- Slings must be attached to your weapon on ALL stages.
- As always, wear clothing and shoes appropriate to the
swamp venue. Hearing and eye protection are required at all
times, no exceptions.
Please print out and mail the registration form to:
7519 Newport Ave
Parma, OH 44129
Registration forms and checks must be received by July 6th if you would like a t-shirt, July 19th if you are just shooting. Walk-ins are OK for the side-match, subject to how busy we are.
If you want to join us for
dinner after the match,