Francis Marion Memorial
Swamp Fox Assault XXXI
Don’t Fear the Swamp! Fear the Masters of the Swamp!
General Match Info:
Course Description and Equipment Requirements:
- The match will be held Saturday, July 23rd (NOT the
traditional last Saturday in July).
- Shooters will be squadded. We will do our best to
accommodate squadding requests (see registration form).
Check-in / Registration / Squadding starts at 9:30am, ends
at 10:30am. Shooters meeting at 10:45. Shooting starts at
11:00. Registration may be limited to the first 30 shooters.
- There will be no lunch provided as part of the
match. Bring food and beverages to be consumed on the
course, if you like. There will be no breaks during the
match, so make sure you eat a big breakfast and show up
ready to shoot.
- The 31th Anniversary Dinner will be held AFTER the
match this year, Saturday evening around 6-ish (after
clean-up). Details to follow in a separate notice.
- As in the past, there will be a $10 match clean-up
fee / deposit. If you stick around and help clean-up, you
get your money back.
- All standard ALGC T R & S rules apply
- There will be three shotgun divisions this year:
- Stock (AKA: Stock Riot Gun):
- Tactical Enhanced Shotgun
- Heavy Gun (AKA: Swamp Fox Shotgun)
- There will be a minimum of 50 steel targets and 15
slug targets. Be prepared to shoot slugs out to 75 yards.
Bring extra ammo.
- Minimum power factor for “Heavy Gun” is 640,000
(for example, “standard” 9 pellet buckshot is 643,000 power
factor, most 1 ¼ ounce, 3 ¼ dram loads exceed this.
Standard slugs only).
- Minimum power factor for Stock or Tactical classes
is 545,000 (for example, “tactical” 9 pellet buckshot is
546,000 power factor, most 1 ounce “game loads” exceed
this. “Tactical” or “low-recoil” slugs allowed). BE
ADVISED: Lighter loads don’t take the poppers down as well
as heavy loads and require more precise shooting, and often
tighter chokes. If your ammo of choice fails to take down
the targets, no whining is allowed!
- No steel shot or 7 ½, 8s or 9s allowed.
- Standard ammo carrier rules apply. Be prepared to
have to load your gun quickly from NON-standard ammo
carriers, which will be supplied to you.
- Slings will be required on all stages.
- As always, wear clothing and shoes appropriate to
the swamp venue. Hearing and eye protection are required at
Feel free to contact me with questions or comments:
Please print out and mail the registration
7519 Newport Ave
Parma, OH 44129
Registration forms and checks must be received by
July 8th if you would like a t-shirt, July 21st if you are
After The Match